Tuesday, March 10, 2015

From a Young Writer

Hello, my name is Ashley and I am a writer.

It’s funny to think that it has taken me this long to establish myself as a writer. I've always thought of a writer as someone who got paid to write. The words published and author come to mind. An author can’t be an author without being a writer. But can a writer be someone who writes without being published? I've discovered the answer is yes. 
A writer is a person who is passionate about the written language, one who writes for the love of words written upon a page.

I have been keeping journals since the seventh grade with my thoughts, scenes, and little poems. For as long as I can remember, I've lived in the imaginative world of my mind; always creating fantasy characters, powers, and situations to push them through. 

I adore letters. There is something special about picking up a piece of paper and communicating through ink. I find it much more preferable to the instant gratification of the digital age. Don't get me wrong, I love my Internet, but to receive a letter in the mail is the best form of communication. Because of this, I often find myself writing letters to my friends and loved ones in appreciation for how much I care. For what is better proof of my love than writing the things I cannot and often dare not say? 

I am a writer. I may not be seasoned or well-versed in the publishing industry, however my passion for the written word exceeds my inexperience. So with this in mind, I have created this blog today to share my passion for books and to gain experience in writing. I hope to finally finish several story and poem ideas that have been sitting in my notebooks for a while. 

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya AngelouI Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

No comments:

Post a Comment