Saturday, July 4, 2015

Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout

The book Obsidian, by Jennifer Armentrout, is a paranormal, scifi y.a novel with plenty of action, sarcasm, hilarity, relatability, and swoon-worthy romance. 

Synopsis

Starting over sucked, being new sucked, and being neighbors with Daemon sucked. Katy just wants to be able to update her blog on reliable wifi, plant a garden, make a few friends, and survive her Senior year at a new school. But mysterious Daemon is making that nearly impossible. He may be hotter than the Sahara, but he was clearly an arrogant jerkface that Katy could literally stab and feel no remorse for. 
"I'd always avoided confrontation in the past, but this guy was flipping my bitch switch like nothing else." -Katy 

Or so she tells herself.. Strange things are happening around West Virginia. Girls are going missing, being attacked, and there is something just not right with Daemon and Dee Black. 

Katy gets swept away in the friendship between Dee and her obvious crush hatred of the infuriating Daemon. But can she maintain her friendships when people from out of this world literally want to tear her apart? 

Jennifer Armentrout sure knows how to create relatable characters, gripping tales, and searing romance. I couldn't get enough of this first novel in her Lux series. 

Katy, the main protagonist, is my spirit animal. Young Katy would rather spend her days indoors updating her book review blog, waiting on new book releases, or reading the next novel in her TBR pile. She is shy, snarky, hilarious, and represents us bookaholics brilliantly. I have never related to a character before quite like I do Kate. 

Daemon Black is the swoon-worthy jerk of a boy next door. Although he says and does some horrible things, they are always in Katy's best interest. You can't help but love, hate, and love to hate Daemon all at the same time. 

Dee Black is the perfect, starved for real friendship, best friend. Dee struggles to find her place in her world and Katy's. After all, Katy is the first real friend she has ever had. She doesn't let her big brother, all of 4 minutes, or her "family" break up her friendship with Katy. She fights to the end proving that nothing will stop her from finally living her life. 

I strongly recommend you check out this first book. And if you happen to like this one, I also suggest White Hot Kiss (another series by Jennifer Armentrout). 



I give it 5/5

Now for some of my favorite quotes to help guide your decision to read this novel. 

"I thought people in small towns were supposed to be nice, not act like the son of Satan." -Katy
"Sometimes being around children was the perfect abstinence program. Then again, not like I needed a program." -Katy
"The day my Internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check out my butt and ask for my phone number." -Katy
"Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys." -Katy 
"I was always able to lose myself in reading. Books were a necessary escape I always gladly jumped into headfirst" -Katy
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment