Monday, May 11, 2015

Thrifty Finds

Smith & Corona Silent typewriter

It was made in 1950, not the 1960s as I had thought. To know that I have a working typewriter from 65 years ago, amazes me. I bought this item for $19.96. On etsy, it is up for sale for $105! Now that is what I call a bargain buy! Some of the keys do stick, but I am hoping that I can eventually figure out how to fix it.

It took me 10 tries and stained hands, pants, and cell phone to figure out where the ribbon went through the vibrator. However, it is quite easy to change and fix once you know where to place it.


I might just go on a collecting spree of typewriters now!


She's an odd tan/grey/brown color with dark green keys, but I've never seen anything more beautiful than her. 

Do any of you writers, readers, or general bloggers have a typewriter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment